- my friend Jenna’s zine, which arrived in the mail the other day
- cross-country skiing
- figuring out who in town made New Year’s resolutions about exercise by checking out the new names on the Rec center’s exercise punchcards (remind me to offer them help with their website)
- a clean house! (Usually I try to clean in December, before I leave for the holidays. This year I didn’t clean till this past Saturday, but hey, now I have a clean house!)
- cold weather means snuggly kitties
- the days get longer, little by little
I love Winter. Contrary to what most people seem to believe, I don’t live in a place where winters are particularly harsh. They’re no worse than midwestern winters, on average, and they’re in some ways less “bad” due to the lack of moisture in the air, which somehow makes the cold a little less cold. But I don’t mind below zero temperatures, or snow, or ice. I would not want them all the time, but while they are here, I relish them.