Some things I’ve written here and there:
- “A Librarian’s Guide to Mourning.” The Iowa Review volume 49/3 (Winter 2019/2020). [buy it here]
- “The Family Bed.” Mutha Magazine (September 9, 2016).
- “Parsons College: A Cautionary Tale for the UI.” Des Moines Register (October 28, 2015).
- “Accidents.” The Rumpus (July 15, 2015).
- “The Pregnancy I Endured, and the One I Missed.” New York Times Motherlode (April 22, 2014).
- “The Dress.” Jabberwock Review volume 26.1 (Winter 2005).
- “The Word Made Flesh: A Culinary Exploration of Transubstantiation.” Seneca Review 33:1 (Spring 2003). [pdf]
Versions of some of these essays also appear in my MFA thesis, which I had digitized because reasons. I’m told I was the first person ever to ask for a Creative Commons license. So far, to the best of my knowledge, no one has stolen my experimental essays. They probably won’t steal yours, either.